Google

Monday, 18 February 2008

Goodbye Buenos Aires Goodbye South America

Well, in 30 minutes time I will be in a taxi heading towards the airport.

My South America adventure is finally at an end.

Feeling very mix right now...

But this morning, I gave my shoes and t-shirts to a street family. Actually they were living only a block from my hotel. The street people are seen everywhere around Buenos Aires. They live under fly-overs, in the parks and public squares. They are the ones waiting at traffic lights to wash windshields, they are the ones begging on the streets, and they are the ones seen rummaging through rubbish sacks with their shopping carts as soon as the sun goes down. Very sad. Especially when you see the rich living right next door. This isn't just a Buenos Aires problem though. It is a pattern seen right across South America, from Bogota to Rio de Janeiro.

Anyway, I don't need them anymore. It will be a while before I leave home in search of another adventure. Most especially after I seen the damage done to my bank balance. LOL!

Regardless... I haven't had time to reflect on my adventure yet. As today has been one big rush to get presents for home. Co-incidentally I bump into two travellers I hung out with down South. Martin the other Chiwi and Collin the American. It was great to see a familiar face after hanging out alone mostly in Buenos Aires.

Otherwise this has just been another beautiful bright and sunny day in South America! :)

PS: As seen in the photo I will be missing my beef very much upon leaving Argentina!

No comments: