Google

Wednesday, 13 February 2008

Final week in Buenos Aires

Last week of travel, and I am back in Buenos Aires.

How do I feel about this? After 7 1/2 months on the road...

Well, awesome really. :) I am actually looking forward to going home. This trip have been different to previous trips because I have something to come home for! For a start, my beautiful girlfriend is waiting for me, that I have a career to look forward to going back into, and finally... The next 2 years could be an interesting time in my life! ;)

But enough about that...

Right now, to end my travels in Buenos Aires is the best thing that can happen. This city of 12 million has SO MUCH to offer.

For a start, there are good food to be had everywhere. In fact, I have been stuffing myself so much that last night I decided to stay in and cook. The meat here are of extremely high quality and just simply mouth watering. Two nights ago, I went for dinner with Ziv, an Israeli. We ate at this legendary restaurant by the waterfront, which is famous for it´s "Tenedor Libre". Which is buffet to you and me folks. And guess what, it was H-U-G-E. We got to try every part of a cow, from tender baby steaks, blood sausage (non unlike black pudding), T-bone steak, chorizo (spicy sausage), roast pork and more. And I love this, for 15 USD we also got free bottle of wine, a big salad bar and desert to choose from.

My only advice is, DO NOT EAT DINNER AT 11pm like the locals! Otherwise you will spend all night digesting your meal like me! hahahaha it was sad, but I had to walk 12 blocks to try and digest all of it.

Then there are the culture stuff like world class museums and art galleries to check out.

And finally there are the shopping. Enough said!

Yesterday, with 4 days left in my travel. I left sleeping in a "domitorio" for the last time, and decided to have some luxury by checking into a single room. Woo-hooooooo! No more rustling plastic bags, no more bag zipping sounds, no more alarm clock ringing, no more door slams and best of all, no more lights being turned on in the middle of the night!

Wh00p!

Wh00p!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Haha about your dorm description! That's exactly how I describe it to my friends.. with the rustling plastic bags, zipping and unzipping sounds, alarm clocks, etc. Then there's the random stuff like people shagging or farting or stumbling in really loudly and falling on your bunk because they're drunk.


Liz

Ben Woo said...

Yup yup yup. There comes a time in your travels when you have just HAD IT with dorms!

The worst (or funniest) I had experience was in the Isle of Skye in Scotland. A drunk Scotman came in late, and in the middle of the night I heard a wizzling sound. It turn out that the fella was pee-ing from his top bunk to the carpet below! LOL!!!