Google

Sunday, 6 January 2008

Paraguay Border


Made it! I cross the Paraguay border this arvo from Brazil. It all went smoothly, until I was told that I need a VISA to enter Paraguay! Oh dear.... Luckily, the friendly Paraguay Custom officer told me I could get a 5 days transit visa for 30USD or 60 Reals. So I thank my lucky star and cough up the moolah!

The border town of Ciudad de Este is NUTS! It is a duty free town and is known for it`s electronic goods. So today being Saturday as well, there were a ton of Brazilians and Argentinians in town shopping for a deal. You see them all, crossing back to Brazil carrying various electronic goods like cameras, speaker systems and LCD screens.

So since I am not looking for nuthin, I took the bus south west to Encarnación, to check out what Lonelyplanet terms as the least visited UNESCO site in the world!

Also, I tucked into a delecious Jap dinner tonight. Eating maki and katsu chicken at a Japanese restaurant call Hiroshima. The last Jap outing for me was at Ken in La Paz 5 long months ago!!!

No comments: