Google

Friday, 4 January 2008

Goodbye Rio


What a fantastic city Rio has been. I think it will be very hard to top this city. And trust me, I have visited a lot of cities!!!

The setting, the people, the landscape and the parties must certainly make Rio one of the most sought after travel destination in the world. You can see it too, with numerous hotels and so many international tourist.

On New Years day, the city put on an incredible show. The beaches were packed with patrons, rich and poor, black and white, from all over the world. The Brazilians of course partied the hardest. And come 12am fireworks were shot off numerous barges parked on the water, and it went on for 20 minutes. Whilst the 8 big cruises parked off shore join in the fun too with their spot lights. There were stages put up on all the main beaches in Rio, with all sorts of music played from Samba, bossanova to electronic music featuring top name DJs (Above and Beyond, Astrix, Yahel, Infected Mushroom for those wondering!!!).

And on New Years day, the crowd return to the beach, this time to relax and recover under another beautiful sunny day. For me, these 9 days in Rio have been perfect. I met some great people, ate great food, stayed at a great hostel (´cept for the camera business!) and saw many beautiful sights.

I do intend to return to Rio, as there are so much more that I haven´t done.

I AM IN LOVE WITH THIS PLACE!!!

No comments: