Google

Monday, 24 September 2007

U S A

Guess what, I am in LA now. Yes LA! The city of Angels. Home of Hollywood, plastic surgery, Venus Beach, In And Out Burgers, Bay Watch and the OC. I am having a great time so far. The weather is beautiful, sunny and a constant light sea breeze to stay cool, and at night it is warm enough to go out without a jacket.

I came here to see a good mate, Derek and his gf Cynthia. I came to celebrate his birthday and to take a break from travelling through South America. But what a big contrast it has been compare to the third world countries that I have been travelling through in the last 3 months. From driving through Hollywood Boulevard last night, setting sail on a boat in Orange County during the day and to see all those beautiful mansions with their meticulously kept garden, big name brand shops, fancy cars and boats, well maintain boulevards with palm trees lining both sides of the street. This is LA alright!

It was great to see Derek and Cynthia. They live in a pretty nice pad in Brentwood. According to Derek this is the Chelsea of London, or Parnell of Auckland. Everybody here looks good, drives nice car and owns a dog. Derek and Cynthia owns a cute little puddle name Holly. She is only 6 months old, has big floppy ears and is very adorable. She seems a little spoilt though and shares their bed at night. Awwweee!

First impression of USA is that they are a patriotic bunch! American flags abound and many houses have a flag pole out front, factories would have a big American flag painted on their walls, and even car yards have mascot cars painted with the stars and stripes.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

hi ben!

just chatting to steven. i hope you don't play too much in vegas and you'll win some more extra holiday days ;-) maybe you can increase your budget hihi

nice blog ... lot's of fun reading it! especially your colorful experiences in south america (hihi just remember the domain back in aucks).

anyways i am stuck on another island (called UK), just wonder who is united her, earning some bucks and hope to bugger off for a similar trip like yours.

ciao

helmut
(the strange austrian >> sorry for my english >> 2nd tounge lol)

Ben Woo said...

Helmut!!!! This is hilarious as when I first saw your nickname hmo... I was thinking which homo posted on my blog. hahahahahahaha

Anyway, did you catch up with Steve in London or are you base elsewhere? Email me in gmail as I don´t have your address.

And if you ever head down this way or back to Auckland we will have to catch up!

Anonymous said...

Hi Ben!

I soooo envy you right now. I really want to go to the States too...hopefully next year will be my turn. Ha ha...

Well..enjoy your fabulous trip...

Ayu