Google

Monday, 10 September 2007

Israelis

Who likes them? Was woken up by loud music this morning coming next door, and guess who? Bloody Israelis who had no concern for others...

Seriously, I try and avoid staying at backpackers full of Israelis, but sometimes it just turn out that way. Like at this current place in Lima, "The Lex Luthor´s House", it´s a wicked hostel except I am the only non-Israeli here. I am not bagging all of them but sometimes, when I wake up in morning like this to their noise it drives me insane!

More rant to come...

2 comments:

ניצן said...

Hey Ben, It´s Nitzan (from the cave in the Way Inn Lodge). I hope your impression of Israelis has improved since :).
I happened to run into your blog while searching for prices for climbing in that site near Arequipa (my current whereabouts). How much did you pay? Which agency did you use?

Ben Woo said...

Hey Nitzan, meeting you at Huaraz was indeed a relief with regards to my opinions. :)

Anyway, I think I paid 20usd for the day trip. It included about 3 climbs, because the hike out was long. Also, the absail was massive. MASSIVE! In one section we had to absail 3 times to get to the valley.

I can´t remember the company I used, think it was Quechua something. But make sure you CHECK the gears you will be using beforehand. My bloody daisychain rip on me when I was absailing down. It was scary.

Also, I have since bought my own shoes and chalk bag. Wanted to buy a daisychain but was put off by the price.

Enjoy the climb in Arequipa!