Google

Wednesday, 22 August 2007

Peru!

I arrive in Peru today from Copacabana in Bolivia, passing through the border of Yunguyu. I am now in the town of Puno, on the other side of Lake Titicaca.

Arriving in Peru I cannot believe the contrast compare to Bolivia. The streets here are clean, the stores tidy and well stocked, there are mobile and appliance sellers everywhere, there are actual pedestrian malls with white marble floor to walk on here, the people are better dressed, the customer service of people in the tourist industry are way more professional (and they actually smile!), the bank staff process my travellers cheque more efficiently, and everything just seem well... so much more better then poor old Bolivia. You sure can pick the poorer neighbour here!

The only catch is everything comes at a price! Last night I had my own room for 3.20usd, tonight I am sharing a room with an Irish girl and we are paying 10usd for a room which does not include bathroom! Dinner last night also cost me 3.20usd, tonight it cost me 8usd!

But hell, I hear this country is second to Bolivia in terms of cheapness, so I will be sure to report back on the true cost of stuff after a week here.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Woobe,

Am reading with interest your South American, travels and yes you have been to a lot of the places I had visited....brings back a lot of fond memories.......

looking forward to hearing more of your updates, Frucor is just not the same without you.......

Take care and safe travels.

Dianne D