Google

Wednesday, 12 December 2007

Seph and Ben

This dude on the left is Seph, an American from San Diego. I met him in Ciudad Bolivar and together we headed into Santa Elena. He is an editor by trade and is in Venezuela to write about the country for the Rough Guide (a travel guide in direct competition to my bible).

I used to think this would be one of the coolest job to have, since you get paid to travel. But after hearing Seph's experience I am not so sure anymore! He is on a tight schedule therefore is doing a lot of night bus travels. He spends his days interviewing numerous people, agencies, guesthouse owners, restaurants etc etc for prices, tours, dates and what-nots.

Basically not something I would want since it would cut into my siesta time! :)


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Just as well you wrote about that, because I was thinking I could be a travel writer too. But the nuts and bolts of actually doing it definitely don't sound like something that would fit in with my travel style!


Liz