Google

Friday, 28 December 2007

Havaianas

You know how these pair of jandals cost 25NZD and you can only get them at fashion stores like Amazon back home?

Guess what, in Brazil they cost between 7USD and 12USD, and you can buy them everywhere, even from local dairy and pharmacy's!

Apparently it is a bit of an institution here, and everybody wears it. From the mothers to the bums on the street. Very nice!

Update!!!

I have seen Havaianas for 3USD at a market street! So you can buy them from between 3USD and 12USD. Lovin it!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you could buy them in NZ! Every man and his dog had a pair when I was in Brazil.


Liz

Ben Woo said...

Oh yeah! And I even saw a begger who came up to me in the streets in Bolivia wearing it!

It is dirt cheap here, plus they have heaps of jandals brand, including other famous ones like the Ipanema brand.