Google

Thursday, 25 October 2007

I love backpackers!

Sometimes you get someplace and you meet really cool people - Backpackers that is! So here in Popayan I have met and gel with a good group of folks.

I stayed at the very cool Hostel Trail, run by Tony and Kim. A Scottish couple whom were traveling themselves until they got an unbeatable deal to own and operate their own hostel in Popayan. My first impression of them was "Geeze they are the youngest foreign Hostel owners I have ever met!!!!".

Hostel Trail is barely 3 months old so it has a lot to prove. But so far, it has all the right condition for travelers like me and you. It has a TV/DVD room, a book exchange, a reading area, communal kitchen, free coffee, a lovely dining area and Internet access.

But most of all, Tony and Kim are both friendly and helpful. Unfortunately, they were on their way home to Scotland for 3 months shortly after my visit, and they have got two of their cronies Stephen and Colin to run it whilst they are gone. I personally don´t know if I would trust leaving my hostel to a Walsh and a Scottish. HAH! ;)

Check out their Hostel website and the amazing Network they have created for backpackers traveling in South America!

No comments: