Google

Thursday, 4 October 2007

I´ll be back!

I love LA, there was so much to see and do in my time there that I did not get to see everything.

I spent the first day visiting Universal Studio Hollywood, one of the biggest movie studios in the States. Universal Studio Hollywood is one part fun ride and the other part a proper production studio. With on going series productions such as "Desperate Housewife" and "Jericho", and recent famous films such as "Shrek 3" and "The Kingdom". It was interesting to look through the production studios and the fake city setups. I was pretty impress with the setup for "War of the World´s" though as they cut up a real Boeing 747 and scattered the pieces throughout the stage. I also love the movie rides and movies such as Jurassic Park, Shrek 4D and the Mummy. The best bit about this was I waited for no rides as it wasn´t pack on a Monday!

Another day was spent walking through Hollywood Boulevard. It was fun looking out for my favorite actors but I thought there were way too many, and they even included cartoons such as the Simpsons and Donald Duck in the Hollywood star walk! It was cool to see the legendary Grauman´s Chinese Man theater, and to see the writing by famous actors outside. In this photo you can see the writing by the current governor (some call him the governator!) of California. :) I still think it is hilarious but appropriate to have an A class (well I think he is A class) actor ending up being the governor of that very State. I hope he goes all the way to become to Prez one day (when they decide to change the rule about American-born to become President).

This last star has got to be mine. LOL!

But I went ga ga over the actors found. Including Bruce Lee, Wyona Ryder, Marilyn Monroe, Arnie, Jonny Cash... Though as mention before, it was weird to see cartoon characters being featured here. Perhaps I am missing something but according to my guide it cost 15,000 USD to place the tile and to maintain it. Are the fan base of the Donald Duck club big enough to have fund raise for this?

The only disappointment I had here was that I couldn´t find the star of Scarlett Johansson. :)

No comments: