Google

Wednesday, 14 November 2007

Mud Volcano of Totumo


Eeek! Covered from head to toes in muddy slimy goo. It was great fun!

Today, I headed out to the mud volcano of Totumo. About 40km from Cartegena. It was an interesting day trip as the photo shows. Once there, the group I was in don on our togs, climb the steps up the 20 metre cone, and step into this slimy gooey mud. The sensation is wonderful! I felt like a kid again, playing with mud, rubbing it all over myself, making it burp and fart around me.


The coolest thing about this stuff is that it is simply un-sinkable! I was litrally lying down on the mud, dozing off in the mid afternoon heat. Other folks around me were getting a nice full body mud massage by the locals.

After the experience, we climb back down the ladder and were lead to a pond, to be wash down by the local ladies. They did a very good job with cleaning me and my togs (off!).

But now as I type this, I am picking at my ears to find more black goo stuck to my finger nails!

No comments: